Wednesday, June 16, 2010

LCD Soundsystem

Last week I saw LCD Soundsystem in concert. I was expecting a good show based on things I've read about them, and I wasn't disappointed. Having a full band makes for a pretty heavy live sound. I find it somewhat amusing that James Murphy kind of looks like an average schlubby dude, or at least not like a "typical" lead singer of an indie band. He's got a great voice though.

And speaking of voices, probably my least favorite thing about LCD Soundsystem's records is Nancy Whang's backing vocals. They just seem a bit shrill or too far up in the mix for my taste maybe. However, I thought she sounded just fine live. Although at one point near the end of the show James tried out her mic and said something about it being much quieter than his, so maybe that explains it!

Altogether a highly recommended show if you like their albums!


Setlist:
Us V Them
Drunk Girls
Get Innocuous!
Yr City's a Sucker
Pow Pow
Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
All My Friends
I Can Change
Tribulations
Movement
Yeah

Someone Great
Losing My Edge
New York I Love You, But You're Bringing Me Down







I could read this setlist when I zoomed the image on my camera to its max.




















































Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally jealous that you were able to see them. That set list sounds killer.

Also, your photos are baller. :)

7/14/2010 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home