Friday, August 17, 2007

Concert the Next

Lest you think I am only a fan of the sophomoric bizarro rawk, I must admit that I am also a fan of the distinctive female voice. Especially of the melancholy variety. I am going to see one in concert tonight - Cat Power. I must admit that I knew her by reputation only when I heard about this show. I had heard many glowing reviews of her work. From what I gather, this show is a one shot deal that she is doing because she is in Dallas to record her next album. I figured "why not?".


I bought her latest album and I have listened to it about 5 times now. It's pretty good. I'm definitely interested in hearing more of her stuff. I absolutely love the first song. You can listen to it in its entirety here. Go to their "Radio Granada" section over on the right side of the screen and scroll down until you see Cat Power. It's the first song on the list under her name. There is one other song of hers there as well.




I called the theater yesterday to ask about bringing my camera, and they wouldn't give me a straight answer. So it looks like I am going to have to show up early so I can take it back to the car if need be. Her website has a "Fan Photos" section (it's one of those Flash dealybobs so I can't link it directly), so I am hopeful that I will be able to take some pictures.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Cat Power!! She's really good isn't she. I played her cd at my art show at the coffeehouse. Have a great time and I hope you can take your camera.

8/17/2007 7:59 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Have a good time - try to be social JC. If you don't talk to people how will they get to know you???

Wrap your camera in a little bag and then put it inside a bigger purse.. that's what I always do. Of course then you would have to carry a purse.

8/17/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Nah, people suck. Fuck 'em.

8/17/2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

ok.

I can't get into view Paris Goes to Jail.

8/17/2007 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home