Saturday, July 30, 2005

Hell Gets a Couple of Degrees Cooler

Wow, this is something I never thought I would do. I always thought that blogs were very self-indulgent, the last refuge of the attention-starved. So I had to ask myself "Why do you want to do this?" I think there are a few reasons. I am feeling the need to be a part of some kind of community, to know that just maybe there are other people out there somewhere that can relate to what I will be saying. Of course, for that to happen someone would have to actually read this thing, which brings me to my next reason. I am wondering if maybe this can somehow be therapeutic. I think sometimes that thoughts can be like a toxin in your body, if you don't get rid of them they can make you sick (sounds very New Age-y I know). Maybe this can be my way to cleanse myself. Even if nobody reads this, those thoughts will be out there, and maybe that will be good enough. And I guess the last reason is that I'm just curious to see how this goes. I have been reading a couple of personal blogs lately of people that I don't know and have never met, and it's really amazing to me how much they have gotten under my skin. I find myself looking at them every day to see what happens next, even though most of the postings are about everyday mundane things. Now I want to see what it's like from the other side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

This is exactly why I started my blog and I honestly used to hate blogs. There are still some blogs that have pictures of fuzzy kittens etc and I will always hate those blogs but it's good when you can find universal truths or experiences in someone's blog.

8/31/2005 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home